Project Assistant (MM/AVRR) Job at International Organization for Migration
Project Assistant (MM/AVRR) Job at International Organization for Migration: The International Organization for Migration (IOM), a leading inter-governmental organization is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of : Project Assistant (MM/AVRR).
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant (MM/AVRR)
SVN No.: SVN2019_85
Organizational Unit: Assisted Voluntary Return & Reintegration (AVRR)
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short- Term Graded (SSTG) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (Migration Management) Lagos and the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (Migration Management) in Abuja, the successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of the EUTF-IOM joint Initiatives for Migrant Protection and Reintegration for Nigeria, with special focus on strengthening the governance of migration and migration data management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support tracking of the implementation of reintegration assistance.
- Distribute travel allowances and return grants to returning migrants, as appropriate.
- Complete the beneficiary profile and needs assessment formats and codify and store information into a database.
- Review conditions of the reintegration plan as pertaining to the AVRR program and raise any issue.
- Support in the preparation of individual, collective or community based reintegration plans.
- Participate in field visits to the beneficiaries’ business sites and assess developments thereof of grants.
- Document and file all beneficiaries’ data in a database for reference and update it regularly.
- Support preparation and timely submission of monthly monitoring reports.
- Digitize and encode information into database and MiMOSA and prepare AVRR data for further processing.
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation of beneficiaries where necessary.
- Support the implementation of awareness raising against irregular migration in some selected migrants’ communities and ensure the information reaches the targeted audience.
- Provide general support to the assessment of the qualitative and quantitative impact of grants and community projects.
- Conduct field visits, as and when necessary.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree / Certificate in Economics, Management, Development Studies, Social Work and other related Social Science; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
- Minimum Four Years (Two Years for Degree Holders) experience in the field of Migration Management including operational and field experience or related field, preferably within the International Humanitarian Field; Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory;
- Good knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations and private sector entities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
- Preferably within the United Nations or within the international humanitarian field
- Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in all languages advantageous;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2019.
How to Apply Project Assistant (MM/AVRR) Job at International Organization for Migration
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: [email protected] indicating position applied on subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2019_85 Abuja. Project Assistant (MM/AVRR).
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.