Senior Finance Officer Job at Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS)
Senior Finance Officer Job at Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) : The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is recruiting to fill the position of : Senior Finance Officer.
The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. Based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), US CDC and The United Nations office of Projects. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has earned a solid reputation among Its funders and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The broadened scope of activities under Its Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV Grant has created the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: South East Zone (To be based in Uyo)
Job Type: Full Time
- The Senior Finance Officer has the responsibility to participate in accounting, financial and other administrative policy planning and development.
- He should take part in preparing the zones annual budget on the basis of program narratives and work plans, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, Initiating corrective actions. He designs forms for financial data capturing; installs and manages the organizations electronic accounting systems and ensures that books of account are kept in accordance with the Generally Accepted Governmental Accounting Standards (GAGAS) with particular respect to the GF regulations.
- He is also responsible for procurement processes in the zone and ensuring that hind is available for use in accordance with program activities work plan.
- He monitors and reviews accounting and related systems report such as monthly pipelines and progress reports for grantors, management and regulatory authorities to ensure compliance, accuracy and completeness; makes sure that stock taking is done on a monthly basis.
- He manages and maintains the organizations banks relations through correspondences and bank reconciliation; supervises the process of project finance dose-out
Reporting & Supervision:
- The positron reports to The Senior Technical Advisor – PCT/ Clinical Services (Zonal Team Lead), position has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Finance Manager The position regularly interacts with facility staff and the zonal program implementation team as well.
- University degree in Accounting or Numeric Sciences
- Minimum 8 years core Accounting and financial operations experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing OF project
- A professional Certification in Accounting will bean added advantage.
- An MBA is an Added Advantage.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English
Desired Core Competences:
- Hands on experience in the use of computer (Word processing, Excel, and database programs).
- Strong data management and analysis skills Strong Numeric skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong computer spreadsheet and word processing skills with ability to use sage and or Quicks book
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment
ECEWS has a competitive compensation package
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2019.
How to Apply Senior Finance Officer Job at Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS).
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with Full Names as title of the document to: [email protected] with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
Note: ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly advise female qualified applicant to apply for the position above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.