Technical Officer Laboratory Services Job Vacancy at ECEWS 2019
Technical Officer Laboratory Services Job Vacancy at ECEWS 2019: The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is recruiting to fill the position of : Technical Officer Laboratory Services.
The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. Based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), US CDC and The United Nations office of Projects. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has earned a solid reputation among Its funders and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The broadened scope of activities under Its Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV Grant has created the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Laboratory Services
Location: South East Zone
Job Type: Full Time
Slot: 2 Openings
- The incumbent provides technical support in the planning and implementation of high quality laboratory services required for HIV/AIDS care and treatment services, reproductive health TB and other related and emerging chronic/contagious diseases, will provide support to the design, planning and implementation of laboratory services according to national and international standards and develop guidelines, tools, SOPs and recommendations related to implementation, monitoring laboratory total quality management at ECEWS supported sites and facilities.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to Senior Technical Advisor – PCT/ Clinical Services (Zonal Team Lead), position has a dotted line reporting relationship to The Laboratory Manager The position regularly interacts with facility staff and the zonal program implementation team as well.
- Bachelors degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- Valid license to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist and registration with MLSCN. Must possess four years of experience in a practical setting.
- Knowledge and experience in the design implementation and management of laboratory services in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria and other emerging chronic and contagious diseases preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications including database software
- Experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Experience in HIV/AIDS monitoring.
- At least 7 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 4years of which must be within an international NGO
Desired Core Competencies:
- General understanding and knowledge of financial, operational and quality management systems of the laboratory;
- Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices within a hospital environment.
- Ability to demonstrate independent judgment, knowledge of regulatory national and international agency standards
- Experience in Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Access preferred.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory setting in the areas of molecular diagnosis, viral load determination, drug resistance testing, genotyping and nucleic acid sequencing is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Access SPSS, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point and other Office packages.
- Proficiency in the use ci email and internet.
- Fluency in English; excellent communication and report writing skills required
ECEWS has a competitive compensation package
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2019.
How to Apply Technical Officer Laboratory Services Job Vacancy at ECEWS 2019
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with Full Names as title of the document to: [email protected] with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
Note: ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly advise female qualified applicant to apply for the position above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.