Opportunity Grant Technician Job Recruitment at U.S. Consulate
Opportunity Grant Technician Job Recruitment at U.S. Consulate: The U.S. Consulate General in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position below:
Announcement Number: Abuja-2019-035
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: LE – 6005 7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Telework Eligible: No
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 07. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Summary – The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent under the supervision of the Abuja Cultural Affairs Officer and the Educational Advising Supervisor, the Opportunity Grant / Education Advising Technician provides all administrative support in handling Educational and Opportunity Grant programs for graduate and undergraduate students.
- The incumbent plans and facilitates outreaches to northern High Schools and Universities; handles e- mail inquiries, draft responses to letters; facilitate education seminars and workshops; provide administrative support for Education U.S.A cohort advising programs like Competitive College Club, United States Achievers Program amongst others; provides effective follow up and works closely with advisors to enrich overall education advising program.
Requirements, Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of experience in administrative work, out of which one should be in educational establishment.
- Job Knowledge: A strong knowledge of Nigerian educational system with a basic understanding of U.S. educational system is required.
- Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in any of the Social Sciences, Education, Accounting and Business.
Evaluations – This may be tested:
- Language: Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading in English is required. Level III (Good working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading of host country language is required.
- Skills And Abilities: Good oral and written communication, customer service/organizational skills are required. Basic computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft suite especially Excel and/or Access is required. knowledge of social media is required.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
- Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP an d CS with reemployment rights **
- Important: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- NGN6,239,644 – NGN6,239,644
- USD 36,725 – USD 36,725
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2019
How to Apply Opportunity Grant Technician Job Recruitment at U.S. Consulate
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Truck Driver Job Vacancy at U.S. Consulate
- U.S. Embassy Recruitment for Janitors 2019
- U.S. Consulate Recruitment for Chauffeur 2019
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Next Steps/Important Notice
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section via: 09-461-4000 and [email protected]