Institutional Capacity Strengthening Advisor Job at Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS)
Institutional Capacity Strengthening Advisor Job at ECEWS 2019… Apply for Institutional Capacity Strengthening Advisor Job at Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS):
The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. Based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), US CDC and The United Nations office of Projects. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has earned a solid reputation among Its funders and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The broadened scope of activities under Its Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV Grant has created the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus.
Institutional Capacity Strengthening Advisor Job at ECEWS 2019.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Institutional Capacity Strengthening Advisor
Location: South- South Zone (Cross River)
Job Type: Full Time
- The Institutional Capacity Development Specialist will be responsible for strengthening the capacity of State actors in line with the Global Fund goal of Implementing programs with States as Sub recipients, the Advisor will carry out various system strengthening activities with the State Ministry of Health, State Agency for AIDS Control and other relevant agencies through assessing and identifying major gaps in capacity of State Government systems using the NOCAT tool and developing capacity of state systems through appropriate training and systems strengthening activities.
- He/she shall be engaging with key relevant government institutions and stakeholders to follow up on activities and action plans.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Deputy Project Director/ Technical Lead. The position has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Executive Director/ Program Management Lead. The position regularly interacts with zonal program implementation team, leads of all program management units like Finance, HR, PSM and Admin as well as government institutions, and other counterparts across the project.
- Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or another relevant discipline from an accredited university (Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred);
- At least 10-12 years of experience in Nigerian institutional development
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar position in an NGO
- Minimum of 2year experience in a GF funded project in a similar position.
Desired Core Competencies:
- Hands on experience in the use of computer (Word processing, Excel, and power point presentation skill).
- Experience in the evaluation of Institutional Frameworks
- Experience designing capacity building events and facilitating training sessions for a variety of audiences;
- Certified Organizational Development/ QA/QC expert is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of the GF/USAID assistance policies, programs and related procedures is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Proficiency with other relevant local languages
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment
ECEWS has a competitive compensation package
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2019.
How to Apply Institutional Capacity Strengthening Advisor Job at ECEWS 2019
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with Full Names as title of the document to: [email protected] with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
Note: ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly advise female qualified applicant to apply for the position above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.